Personal Equipment and Packing Lists
After booking with Nature Lovers, please pack necessary items as listed:
- Travel documents: passport, visa (if you have), travel insurance, air tickets, voucher, passport photo (x 4)
- Bank card or credit cards, travellers cheque, etc.
- Sleeping bags, expedition quality rated to at least -40°F and another to at least -20° F.
- Large and small towels.
- Toiletries and water bottle.
- Self-inflating pads - 2.
- Sun /snow glass.
- 8. First Aid/medical kit.
- Rucksack / backpack.
- Duffel Bags (carried by porters or animals).
- Torch / Flashlights with plenty of spare batteries.
- Pen knife/ Swiss knife.
- Scarf / face mask (for dust and wind).
- Personal hygiene stuffs; trash bags too.
- Any other extras you feel is necessary like binocular, cameras, books, journals, and more.
- Ice axe with leash, designed for mountain climbing use. Sizes for different person heights: under 5’7” use a 60cm tool; 5’7”- 6’1” use a 65cm tool; over 6’1” use a 70cm tool. (Too short is preferable to too long).
- Ice specific crampons. With or without anti-balling plates.
- Carabiners: 3 locking, 3 regular, 2 twist lock and 1 small screw gate locker; standard ovals recommended.
- Alpine climbing harness which should fit over all clothing and pretty comfortable.
- Climbing helmet, sizing adjustable.
- Ascender; right and left.
- Belay device
- Adjustable 3 Section Ski or Trekking poles. Highly recommended.
- Ski goggles; 100% UV and high quality.
- Balaclava: Both heavyweight and lightweight.
- Warm woolen hat
- Each pair of lightweight and heavyweight synthetic gloves
- Expedition shell gloves-1 pair
- Expedition shell mitts-1 pair
- Hand and toe warmers: 3 sets of each
- Trekking shoes
- Casual shoes for town days
- Double Plastic Climbing Boots with altitude liners.
- Fully Insulated Over boots or gaiters or both.
- Wool or synthetic socks- 4 pairs, Liner socks- 4 pair
- Trekking socks- 5 pairs
- Lightweight/heavyweight underwear, few pairs
- Shirt and pants-1-2 pairs
- Soft shell jacket
- Insulated synthetic pants
- Expedition down parka
- Insulated synthetic jacket
- Hard shell jacket and hard shell pants; waterproof and breathable.